I am talking about social branding of a person. I have no idea if that is also applicable for a product or not. But sometimes, you feel that you need social branding or say you want it. It is something you can’t buy right away. It is generated through and by society. So to say, it requires your attention towards social activities & involvement in some creative way. I have listed out few points that over the years I have seen, observed and sometimes felt in own life, that I feel that can help you in building your social identity. Here are those points:
1. Join a social club, if possible. Such a club which has its network world-wide. Why? It helps you display yourself with the group of elite people. Of course, you are not supposed to boast yourself among them, but in routine conversation or during meetings, your work would be discussed. This would bring you social branding.
2. Engaging yourself with NGO activity is the best way. I am not asking you to open up an NGO yourself, but there would be some active NGOs in your city. Devote your time, money and energy or either of one to its activities of your choice. Association with social activities brings people’s attention very quickly. Most of the industrialists or businessmen are in some manner associated with NGOs.
3. Visiting lectures – If you’ve a story to tell, let’s say of your success journey, make a plan that you get invitations by colleges to give lectures to students on the same topic. This way, you will reach to fresh generation, which if picks you, you will be a popular person before than you think!
4. Media is an essential part. It helps get your activities noted and reach to thousands of readers. So make sure that whatever social activities (non-commercial) you are doing, let its press-release reach to most or all newspapers in your city. Not necessarily, every newspaper will publish the same, but some will. And if your activities have some story element, you will get calls for a detailed interview too on the same by Media!
5. Fame comes through two ways. One: you do something yourself that is noticed by everyone. And thus you become famous. Second: get associated with already famous people! Yes, your photograph with a celebrity can give you some fame, in terms of face recognition by mass. So, try to have some friends who are celebrity. If you’re rich, you can invite them professionally at some events of your work and have some stunning photos with them in a natural way. Spread these photos via Internet. You’re all ready to receive fame. This is a routine process. So keep meeting new celebrities often.
6. If you’re a social going person, do organize some activity or event which involves participation from people. You can think of organizing some competition in your city. Handle the event as a driver of it. Interact with people during the process. Make sure that your face becomes visible to many.
7. Internet – is a powerful medium, without saying. You’re reading this article with its medium only, right? Create your own website – a personal website different from your work website. Update it with regularly with your thoughts, events, photos etc. Also become active on social networking websites. Facebook is the most popular these days. Create your page there. Keep it updated regularly. Remain active in your personal profile by updating it with photos/videos of the activities you’re involved with.
Social Branding is a process, not a one-day karishma. Above all, it requires genuine efforts, i.e. without any professional gain purposes. Of course, social branding’s side-effect is creation of an environment which helps you develop your business, but it’s a side-effect. Don’t go for social branding as a reason for it. Reason should be “Fun”. If you enjoy doing it, above points would be quite handy for you.
441 total views, 5 views today