I am Amit Bhawani – A Professional Full Time Blogger from India who has entered the Online world from the year 2005 and this year I am going to complete 4 years of my seriously online business. I currently write at AmitBhawani.com which features multiple sections like Tech Blog , Career Blog , India News and many other sections.
We run a Web Development Company at Hyderabad – India with a strong team of 7 who are the main guys who handle all our network of 55 Blogs and websites. We even offer SEO Services from the past 4 years to clients mainly catering towards US & UK and has a strong portfolio with clients who have received excellent results in the search engines. Along with this for the Indian market we offer Web Hosting & Domain Name Services at Host Brains
I am currently 25 years aged married guy and a full time Writer, Search Engine Optimizer, Director of 3 firms and a book lover who loves to read tech magazines, online technology related blogs.
Interview of Amit Bhawani – A six figure Blogger
Q1: Welcome to Speakbindas. Tell us since when blogging has been a part of your life? Was there any motive or inspiration as a backbone of it?
- A1: I had started off as a SEO Expert and was selling SEO Services to make money, with my team working full time on client websites, but in the year 2007 I thought of trying out blogging and implement my seo skills on own projects because in that case I could make the most of my hardwork and would not have to worry about clients. You can read a excellent article which was written recently giving you stats of AmitBhawani.com History and I am sure it can be inspiring to all the upcoming bloggers because everything can be achieved if planned seriously and implemented in a step by step process.
Q2: What is your blog all about? Which topics you cover there? Is that you alone running/maintaining the blog, or have a team?
- A2: As mentioned earlier we have a team of 7 who handles our network of blogs, but let me talk about my Tech Blog which is mainly handled by me and co-authored by few Guest Writers who keep blogging with their content ideas. The year 2010 has been set as a year for expansions and this would be in terms of increasing our targets, building bigger team & making our blogs network stronger. We cover mainly Technology Guides, How to Articles, Laptop & Gadget News, Software Reviews, Blogging Tips & Seo Tricks.
Q3: What are the present statistics for your blog, i.e. number of daily visitors, visitors geographical status etc.?
- A3: I cannot disclose all the stats because in my view stats are something which can help you understand most of someone’s success and I can give you a sample of our latest stats which includes the following for the period till 2009 end.
- Daily Visitors : 26,000 – 30,000
- Visitors Ratio : India 60% , US/UK 30%, Others 10%
- Blog Subscribers – 26000 Confirmed Readers who get a daily email once we publish a article.
Q4: Is blogging for you just a passion or a medium for earning too? Does it help you to earn enough cash to quit a 9 to 5 day job?
- A4: Yes this was a passion in the beginning and now a full time business for me, because I am sure that most B-School MBA Professional can’t make Half a Crore Rupees in a year, but a blogger with hard work can do it. I would suggest everyone to read these two articles which can help in building a better future – Online Vs Offline Business & MBA Degree Vs Web Blogging
Q5: Who are your favorite bloggers, whom you read frequently?
- A5: I have subscribed to many blogs, but mainly the blogs which I read and keep myself updated at MattCutts.com, problogger.net, engadget.com, gizmodo.com, moneycontrol.com, techcrunch.com & lifehacker.com
Q6: From the secret bucket of your blogging experiences, what tips you would like to share with the fellow bloggers?
- A6: Always work with a Passion and if you are an Indian, am sure you would have seen the recent movie – 3 Idiots which also gives you the same tip – Don’t Follow others Rules, but follow the one your heart ones to and you will succeed for sure. If you have decided that your Profession would be Blogging, think that you need to keep writing and writing without missing a day of your life, the way you don’t forget having food every day in your life. Also keep some goals for the year end in terms of Visitors Count, Revenue, Brand Name etc and make sure that these Goals are quite possible too because that’s what is more important. Having large Goals which cannot be achieved should never be made.
Q7: Do you believe that blogging completes you? If yes, tell us how?
- A7: Blogging does not complete me, because am a Businessman by Heart and for me everything is in the terms of Profits & Loss Statements. Hence I feel it’s better to invest the most part of my Blogging Income into some Business which can have a big future. Either I should be expanding the Blogging Business by hiring few full time writers, building a stronger blog network or else continue the current trend of investing the blogging revenue into different options like Stock Market Trading, Real Estate Investments and Joint Ventures with other Businessmen.
Q8: What was the happiest and gloomiest moment of your life?
- A8: There have been many happy moments in my life and I can say whenever I was mentioned in the Press or say whenever being praised by my closed relatives I feel that I am honored and these all can be counted as the best moments of my life. If you achieve all the Goals you had planned by the year end, am sure those are the days when you feel very happy.
Q9: Say, you are sponsored to travel to 3 world destinations, where you need not to worry about costs for food, hotel or anything. Which destinations would you pick up, and why? Would you like to take someone along with you? If yes, whom?
- A9: I would select Paris for Eiffel Tower, Disney World or may be a Complete World Tour because there is no point of just making money in life and never enjoying the money you make.
Q10: Are you into watching movies? If yes, which fills your list of favorite ones?
- A10: I cannot give a list of favorite movies because i start liking every movie which i have watched and believe it or not, on an average i watch a minimum of 2 movies every day.
Q11: How has blogging helped you other than money?
- A11: Blogging has given me a good name in the society which is more valuable than the money and because of you live a better life, have better contacts and also a planned lifestyle.
Q12: What would be the one thing you’d change about yourself?
- A12: hmmm, confused because there are many things one would like to change about themselves.
Q13: What is your deepest fear?
- A13: Loosing what’s already achieved and if there is no success in the future projects.
Q14: If you could meet one person, dead or alive, who would it be?
- A14: I would love to meet any Business Magnet like The Ambani’s.
Q15: How much money do you have in your purse/wallet right now (including change)?
- A15: A few thousand rupees, never counted the totals after my college days.
Q16: What is your favorite food? Any particular dislikes?
- A16: Any homemade food prepared by my family members and the simplest food to make sure i stay away from masala’s and have a healthy tummy.
Q17: What’s your take on the technological advancement these days? Does it make people’s life simple or complicated?
- A17: They do make the life simple and get most of our jobs done very easily. You can just with the life 20 years back and now, there were days when you had to visit a travel agent for flight tickets, book a cab by meeting the driver and fixing rates, keep calling flight operators for updates, call up some relatives at the destination city for hotel bookings, but nowadays you can just visit a single travel portal and fix all this stuff in max 30 minutes. Isn’t this a good example to show that the technological advancements are very much helpful for everyone but in different ways.
Q19: Any special message you would like to share with your blog readers as well with everyone else?
- A19: This new year 2010, I had publicly announced that am into the Six Figure Bloggers Club now along with the statistics and the Goals I have setup for the year 2010, which is recommended for all the bloggers who are still in the starting stage. I have taught my younger brother Chetan Bhawani a lot about blogging and because of his serious passion about Dentistry & Blogging he has started different blogs like The WWW Blog & Dr Chetan.com. You can follow me @amitbhawani on Twitter and get to know more about me.
4,780 total views, 60 views today