Shalin B Sitwala blogs at http://www.MyDiddle.com He was born on 12/09/1992. Presently he is studying and lives in Surat, Gujarat, India. He is the CEO & Owner of the NetSiteDiddle Entertainment Inc. He also runs http://groups.yahoo.com/group/netsitediddle
Q: Welcome to Speakbindas. Tell us since when blogging has been a part of your life? Was there any motive or inspiration as a backbone of it?
- Ans.: I actually started off with a forum for my site, but unluckily that didn’t work out for me.
- Then I built up a portal, but that too was not successful, and then finally I thought of making a blog, and hopefully the latter was successful. The motive behind building up my site is:-
- I was a very active member of a forum and used to post thousands of articles there, so one day I thought that why should I work for that forum for free? And that was the day when I started to plan for my own site.
Q: What is your blog all about? Which topics you cover there? Is that you alone running/maintaining the blog, or have a team?
- Ans.: Actually I started my blog with all the content (each and every topic was included).
- I used to post news, videos, cricket info, games, sms, poetries, celebs pics, bollywood-hollywod gossips, stock market updates, autos, mobiles, etc. But I learned that my users were just interested in the bolly-holly gossips, each and every stuff that is just related to the celebs. So then I started posting more about celebs and that can be considered as the main content of my site.
- No, there is no team behind MyDiddle Inc; it is just me and myself. I tried to affiliate with some other bloggers, but I was not happy with that.
Q.: How important is it for the blogger to interact with their readers? Do you respond to all the comments that you receive?
- Ans.: Between a portal and a blog, I think that the interaction of users with the writers is the main difference. Users post comments because they need help or to appreciate the article.
- Presently I respond to each and every mail/comment I get on my blog. I consider that the users should not have any doubt for that topic/article they read on my blog.
Q: What are the present statistics for your blog, i.e. number of daily visitors, visitors geographical status etc.?
- Ans.: I get approx. 15,000 daily visitors. 60% of my users are from India and 15% are from Pakistan. The rest are from various countries around the globe.
Q: Is blogging for you just a passion or a medium for earning too? Does it help you to earn enough cash to quit a 9 to 5 day job?
- Ans.: Presently as I am studying, it is not the only thing I have to deal with. So for me it’s just a passion or a way for my recreation. I am planning to work on it after I complete my studies and I hope that it will work out for me in a way that I would be able to quit my job.
Q: Who are your favorite bloggers, whom you read frequently?
- Ans.: I don’t have a huge list for my favorite bloggers.
- I often read Mashable, blogger – Pete Cashmore
- And I read Hollywood Tuna, blogger – not revealed.
- I visit DCP (Damn Cool Pics) too, blogger – not revealed.
Q: From the secret bucket of your blogging experiences, what tips you would like to share with the fellow bloggers?
- Ans.: Hmm, this is a pretty tough question to answer, ha ha.
- I think secrets should never be revealed. There is just 1 tip for all the bloggers around the world, especially the upcoming bloggers – don’t loose hope guys, just be in there and keep on posting as much as you can. Interaction with users is important and your content should be related to your viewer’s choice.
Q: Do you believe that blogging completes you? If yes, tell us how?
- Ans.: Actually it is not the only thing for me, I don’t think that it completes me completely. There’s a lot to explore yet!
Q: What was the happiest and gloomiest moment of your life?
- Ans.: Professionally as a blogger, happiest day was when my blog was ranked among the top 50k sites of the world (by Alexa). I have had many bad days; MyDiddle has been a target for many hackers lately and has been a victim of the same for about 2 times. The last time when it was hacked, I lost about 200 articles. But now I have increased my security levels and hopefully I think that it will not go through the same problem ever!
Q: Say, you are sponsored to travel to 3 world destinations, where you need not to worry about costs for food, hotel or anything. Which destinations would you pick up, and why? Would you like to take someone along with you? If yes, whom?
- Ans.: The first destination would be Scotland because of those lovely castles, craggy coastline, snow capped mountains, and there’s much more.
- Second place would be Vegas, that is just like a dream place for me. The reason for that I guess is the glamour it has.
- And lastly, Rome and the reason behind that is, for me Rome is just beautiful (just one word, no more comments).
- I’d love to travel alone on my own.
Q: Are you into watching movies? If yes, which fills your list of favorite ones?
Ans.: Of course I am a movie-watcher. I love each and every movie I watch.
But though to narrow that, here are a few favorites of mine.
- Ocean’s 11, 13
- 27 Dresses
- Twilight: New Moon
- Murder by Numbers
- Rock On
- Dil Chahta Hai
- Autumn in New York
Q: How has blogging helped you other than money?
- Ans.: Blogging has surely helped me to increase my knowledge about codes, designing, scripting. This has been a lifetime experience for me.
Q: What would be the one thing you’d change about yourself?
- Ans.: Its soo simple, NOTHING.
Q: What is your deepest fear?
- Ans.: I live in present, and I guess the people who stay in present, do not have any fear!
- Though professionally, I have a little fear that if my blog gets destroyed or anything bad happens to it, that’d be bad for me.
Q: If you could meet one person, dead or alive, who would it be?
- Ans.: It would be undoubtedly Larry Page.
Q: Which is your favorite television show? Favorite songs?
Ans.: My favorite television shows are:-
- Pimp My Ride
- Caroline in the City
- Full House
- Bigg Boss
- Sarabhai V/s Sarabhai
- MTV Wassup
Favorite songs? That’d be a big list.
Though here are a few favorites from the new ones
- I Gotta Feeling – Black Eyed Peas
- Miss Independent
- Satisfaction – Benny Benassi
- Kiss Me Thru The Phone – Soulja Boy
- Lollipop – Lil Wayne
- Real Love – Massari
- World Hold On – Bob Sinclair
- Get Low – T.Pain
- Suga Suga – Baby Bash
- Run This Town – JayZ
- Right Round – Flo Rida
- Prom Queen – Lil Wayne
- Rise Up – Yves Larock
- Human – The Killers
- Crack A Bottle – Eminem Feat. Dr Dre & 50 Cent
- Day N Night – Kid Cudi
- Human Nature – MJ
- New Divide – Linkin Park
- When It Was Good – Flipsyde
- No Surprise – Daughtry
- Sexy Bitch – David Guetta Ft. Akon
Q: How much money do you have in your purse/wallet right now (including change)?
- Ans.: None, I don’t keep a wallet.
Q: What is your favorite food? Any particular dislikes?
- Ans.: My favorite cuisine would be Thai food.
- Dislikes -there are so many of them, can’t even list them all here.
Q: What’s your take on the technological advancement these days? Does it make people’s life simple or complicated?
- Ans.: I completely believe that technology should advance. Technology is necessary for each and every person living on this earth. Pollution which is created by the advancement of technology, there will be one day when there would be devices which could decrease the pollution rate and that is what I call technology!
- Yes of course it makes a person’s life simpler, a lot.
Q: What do you think of “blogging is the next BIG thing”?
- Ans.: Yes, I consider blogging as a BIG thing. Presently too there are so many blogs on the internet; we can’t even count the total number of blogs on the internet. All the credits for that go to blogspot and wordpress (because of their free services), who have helped loads of upcoming bloggers. Frankly speaking I too started with blogspot and then I shifted over to wordpress. I personally love blogspot.
- Now a days, each and every person has his/her personal blog and I think that’s great!
- The diary days are now over, now the world is blogging and not writing!
Q: Any special message you would like to share with your blog readers as well with everyone else?
- Ans.: Only one message to my readers, keep visiting my blog forever.. haha.. Because I am here to stay forever!