In a world of so much competition one often wonders which path to take. Even, when we decide to take a certain path, people tend to face difficulties such as finance, time, caliber, etc. The most common path taken by under graduate students to earn more is by pursuing MBA or Masters in Business Administration. With abundant MBA colleges in India one gets confused as to opt for which MBA college. One of the best MBA College that, India has to offer is Symbiosis International University, Pune.
The admission exam for Symbiosis International University is called Symbiosis National Aptitude Test (SNAP). The registration for SNAP opens generally in August and closes in the month of November. The registration charge of SNAP is generally quite feasible and this time is Rs. 1500/- as registration and Rs. 1000/- for registration for the institute under Symbisosis University. One can pay via online, cash or demand draft. The SNAP exam is held in the month of December and the results are declared by January.
To get admission in Symbiosis International University, aspiring candidates have to firstly, clear SNAP; secondly, clear group discussion and finally clear the personal interview. One has to pass all the three to get admission in Symbiosis International University.
SNAP is the preliminary step for admission process. The duration for SNAP test is two hours (120 minutes) and is an objective paper (MCQ). There is negative marking for the wrong answer and ¼ marks i.e. 25% are deducted for every wrong answer. The test is divided into four sections.
- General English: Marks: 40
This includes reading comprehension, verbal reasoning and Ability.
- General Awareness: (of last 2 years) Marks: 30
This section comprises of general knowledge, current affairs and business scenario.
- Quantitative, Data Interpretation and Data Sufficiency: geometry, ratios, percentages, profit and loss, work and time, median, averages, TSD, etc Marks: 40
- Analytical and Logical Reasoning: Marks: 40
Therefore, the total score of SNAP test is 150. There are 150 questions in all hence, each question carries 1 mark each.
Colleges with courses under SNAP:
- Symbiosis Institute of Business Management, Pune (SIBM) – MBA (Innovation and Entrepreneurship)
- Symbiosis Institute of Computer Studies & Research ( SICSR) – MBA (IT), M. Sc. (Computer Application)
- Symbiosis Centre for Management and Human Resources Development (SCMHRD) – MBA, MBA (Infrastructure and Management)
- Symbiosis Institute of International Business (SIIB) – MBA (International Business),
MBA (Agri Business), MBA (Energy & Environment)
- Symbiosis Institute of Telecom Management (SITM) – MBA (Telecom Management)
- Symbiosis Institute of Management Studies (SIMS) – MBA
- Symbiosis Institute of Media & Communication (SIMC- Pune) – MBA (Communication Management)
- Symbiosis Institute of Operations Management (SIOM- Nashik) – MBA (Operations Management)
- Symbiosis Centre for Information Technology (SCIT) – MBA (Information Technology Business Management)
- Symbiosis Institute of Health Sciences (SIHS) – MBA (Hospital & Healthcare Management)
- Symbiosis Institute of Business Management (SIBM – Bengaluru) – MBA
- Symbiosis School of Media & Communication (SSMC, Bengaluru) – MBA (Communication Management)
- Symbiosis School of Banking and Finance (SSBF) (Formerly Symbiosis School of Banking Management) – MBA (Banking and Finance)
- Symbiosis Institute of Business Management, Hyderabad (SIBM) – MBA
- Symbiosis School of Sports Sciences – MBA (Sports Management)
Dates for SNAP test year 2016 have been released:
Registration closes: 22nd November, 2016
Last date for registration: 25th November, 2016
SNAP test 2016: 18th December, 2016
SNAP Test Result: 9th January, 2017
700 total views, 5 views today