Hi, My name is Kavita Saharia Bhatt. I am a dentist by profession, happily married and the mother of two adorable kids. I was born in the year 1968, 9 Nov. at Delhi. I am a very simple, easy going person who takes her responsibilities very seriously. Live and let live is my motto. I love to read, cook, travel, listen to the music and now blogging is one of my passion. I blog at MYROOM(http://www.kavita-myroom.blogspot.com/) since April2009.
Q: Welcome to Speakbindas. Tell us since when blogging has been a part of your life? Was there any motive or inspiration as a backbone of it?
- Ans. It saddened me that there is very little awareness regarding NE region of India amongst its own countrymen. NE not only has very rich flora and fauna but also has very rich cultural heritage. Whenever I made new friends and acquaintances I sensed that because they knew very little about this beautiful region there was a curiosity and genuine interest in them to know more about the places, food, attire, customs, culture etc prevalent here. This in fact was my motivation and the only reason to start blogging .Somewhere in the month of April 2009 while I was on a vocational trip to Shillong I met my dear friend Nitu , during the conversation I expressed her this desire of mine and prompt she was to suggest me this medium .Thanks to her that today I stand here amongst you all.
Q: What is your blog all about? Which topics you cover there? Is that you alone running/maintaining the blog, or have a team?
- Ans. I blog about NORTH-EAST REGION of our country, my posts are based on my personal experiences. I try to share little information about this region particularly Assam as I see it through my eyes. It includes culture, customs, cuisine, folk medicinal food culture, flora and fauna, places of interest of NE. Initially I used to run it alone but since……….Aparna and Sujata joined hands. Now our blog covers not only NE but also the other parts of India.
Q.: How important is it for the blogger to interact with their readers? Do you respond to all the comments that you receive?
- Ans.: I Think it is the interaction part which makes blogging so special. I love to receive comments and always try to respond to them. And if a visitor wants some extra information I try to help if I can. Visiting other blogs and commenting is also very important. It takes a lot of time and effort in preparing a post, in my view that deserves a careful and attentive reading.
Q: What are the present statistics for your blog, i.e. number of daily visitors, visitors geographical status etc.?
- Ans. : I added one or two such gadgets since the last week of this November and the site meter says that we get an average of 74 visitors per day and get an average of 128 page views per day .The country page views for the map area is USA 45%,INDIA 35% and 30% followed by rest of the others countries(feedjit).
Q: Is blogging for you just a passion or a medium for earning too? Does it help you to earn enough cash to quit a 9 to 5 day job?
- Ans.: Purely passion.
Q: Who are your favorite bloggers, whom you read frequently?
- Ans. :I read and visit many blogs daily and here is the list of some of those whom I follow right from the very beginning of my blogging days, many of them are my very good friends too. Here they are Priyanka, Nitu, Ramesh, Pramathesh,Kishore, Sandhya, Aparna, Sujata, Lin, Patty, Kay, Gigi, Cloudia, Varunavi ZB, Snyder, Shilpa .,Mohan ,Sumandebray. There are many more that I love to read.
Q: From the secret bucket of your blogging experiences, what tips you would like to share with the fellow bloggers?
- Ans. I am a learner myself but these are the few things that I follow: Follow your heart, if you enjoy it others will too. Keep the post simple and interesting. Each and every visitor is precious, respect their time. Visiting other blogs is very important, helps you learn a lot. Keep yourself aware of certain important rules and etiquettes of blogging, suggested reading this link
Q: Do you believe that blogging completes you? If yes, tell us how?
- Ans.: I am yet to find out but it surely has a very deep positive impact in my life right now.
Q: What was the happiest and gloomiest moment of your life?
- Ans.: The births of my two kids were the happiest moment of my life and the day I lost my dad to a deadly cancer was the gloomiest.
Q: Say, you are sponsored to travel to 3 world destinations, where you need not to worry about costs for food, hotel or anything. Which destinations would you pick up, and why? Would you like to take someone along with you? If yes, whom?
- Ans. : First would be Paris, Hawaii would be next followed by Rajasthan. Paris because I think it is the one of the most romantic destination, Hawaii because I have many friends there, Rajasthan because I find it very beautiful and mystical. I would love my family by my side.
Q: Are you into watching movies? If yes, which fills your list of favorite ones?
- Ans.: I used to be a movie buff but because of time constrain I hardly watch any. Here are some of my favorites English….As good as it gets, Mama Mia, My Best Friend’s Wedding, Sense and Sensibility, Four Weddings and a Funeral, Dirty Dancing. In Hindi…Amar Prem, Anand ,Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam , Devdas, Sangam, Kabhie-Kabhie and recently I saw few portions of the movie Rock On ,really loved those.
Q: How has blogging helped you other than money?
- Ans.: Yes, I have made many good friends here, I love and value all of them .
Q: What would be the one thing you’d change about yourself?
- Ans.: Nothing, I am happy just the way I am.
Q: What is your deepest fear?
- Ans. My biggest fear is that I might loose my dear and near ones.
Q: If you could meet one person, dead or alive, who would it be?
- Ans.: Rajeev Gandhi.
Q: Which is your favorite television show? Favorite songs?
- Ans.: I try to watch CSI .I have a long list of my favorites, here are some Said a little prayer for you, When I need you, Can’t help falling in love with you, You are always on my mind, Starry Starry nights .In Hindi I am more into Ghazals Jagjit Sing and Chitra Sing are my favorites.
Q: How much money do you have in your purse/wallet right now (including change)?
- Ans.: I have 785 Rs. right now in my purse.
Q: What is your favorite food? Any particular dislikes?
- Ans.: I love Indian vegetarian food. I am Pasta and Home made Pizza lover too. Idlis are my weakness, Chocolates even more. I have lots of fruits but I don’t like salads.
Q: What’s your take on the technological advancement these days? Does it make people’s life simple or complicated?
- Ans.: Simple if used in a controlled manner.
Q: What do you think of “blogging is the next BIG thing”?
- Ans.: Yes, I think so .It is a great platform to share your ideas and views.
Q: Any special message you would like to share with your blog readers as well with everyone else?
- Ans.: Live and let live.
1,565 total views, 2 views today