I believe in simplicity and see that every person has a tag on their neck that says “I am special”… All of us are… Hello Mirror, this is N J… Nithin Jacob. I’m a Data Encoder who is currently working in Saudi Arabia. India always brings sweet memories… Well, I’m a 26 year old dreamer who lives in his dreamy land to see his dreams come alive.
My blog Life In A Crystal Pot is not just for me. It’s for all those people who had been through pain, ills and loneliness in life. There were times when I was all alone in life and I know how it feels like. I have learned the fact that, people do come closer to us when we show them ‘happiness’. Happiness could be in the form of money, social status or anything for that matter. I’ve had several experiences where I was in need of support, nobody turned up though I expected at least someone to ring me up and ask how I am doing. But, yeah, it never happened. The blog features articles that can be related with everyone’s life.
Q: Welcome to Speakbindas. Tell us since when blogging has been a part of your life? Was there any motive or inspiration as a backbone of it?
* Ans.: For everything we have got one cause to pick and showcase, and that’s experience. I never knew that I could write until I tasted pain. Pain is pleasure for many. I have strived many a time to get over it. There is something which took place when I completed my schooling and left to India for higher studies. Perhaps, there wasn’t anyone to guide me during my hard times or for all reasons that they acted strange to me for their well-being’s must have been inspired me to vent out the feelings buried deep within my heart.
Q: What is your blog all about? Which topics you cover there? Is that you alone running/maintaining the blog, or have a team?
* Ans.: You got to think this way. I started of writing poems… I never had any intention to write articles or of course, the book which I am currently penning. I don’t cover much through my blog. It’s all about poems and abstracts. Ah, well… If you think you can squeeze something out of it, then I am sure you going to get back to my page. Yeah, I don’t have a team.
Q.: How important is it for the blogger to interact with their readers? Do you respond to all the comments that you receive?
* Ans.: I personally believe that a blogger should interact with his readers. I do interact with all my readers however if I am unable to do so then blame it on my tight schedule.
Q: What are the present statistics for your blog, i.e. number of daily visitors, visitors geographical status etc.?
* Ans.: I really don’t give importance to ’statistics’. At the end of the day if my readers aren’t satisfied with what I publish, then I’m out of it. I got to keep them ticking by writing fresh stuffs, be it poems or prose for that matter.
Q: Is blogging for you just a passion or a medium for earning too? Does it help you to earn enough cash to quit a 9 to 5 day job?
* Ans.: Well, I never thought about earning through blogs. It’s just a passion for me. I haven’t sold art yet, but I’m writing a book and hope to see it real big. I have published nearly about 50 poems through poemhunter, which you will get to read through google. I have compiled all of them to get it published soon.
Q: Who are your favorite bloggers, whom you read frequently?
* Ans.: I read Paulo Coelho’s blog. I don’t have any favorite blogger as such; however I do follow random blogs since I’m following quite a huge number of bloggers.
Q: From the secret bucket of your blogging experiences, what tips you would like to share with the fellow bloggers?
* Ans.: Write straight from your heart…
Q: Do you believe that blogging completes you? If yes, tell us how?
* Ans.: Nope. I don’t think it completes me. I still have got a long way to go.
Q: What was the happiest and gloomiest moment of your life?
* Ans.: Happiest moment? Plenty of them… Gloomiest moment? Oh well, when my grand father passed away… It’s like, when you loose someone, you cannot replace them. True, isn’t it?
Q: Say, you are sponsored to travel to 3 world destinations, where you need not to worry about costs for food, hotel or anything. Which destinations would you pick up, and why? Would you like to take someone along with you? If yes, whom?
* Ans.: It’s going to be Switzerland and France… I have been to both the places… I’d love to visit these two countries again. Don’t ask me the reason and I ain’t going to name the person who is going to accompany me. *Pause* *Laughs*
Q: Are you into watching movies? If yes, which fills your list of favorite ones?
* Ans.: I don’t watch too many.
Q: How has blogging helped you other than money?
* Ans.: Money? I don’t make money out of blogging. I get to meet wonderful people around the globe. That’s a blessing.
Q: What would be the one thing you’d change about yourself?
* Ans.: I see myself as a very sensitive and intelligent person. I think I shouldn’t be too sensitive when it comes to people who take us for granted.
Q: What is your deepest fear?
* Ans.: That’s an interesting question… Well, I am exposing myself to my deepest fear. You know, I just want to conquer it.
Q: If you could meet one person, dead or alive, who would it be?
* Ans.: My grandfather…
Q: Which is your favorite television show? Favorite songs?
* Ans.: I don’t watch too many. I love music… I do listen to Psychedelic rock a lot.
Q: What is your favorite food? Any particular dislikes?
* Ans.: I like fried fish… I don’t dislike Food. I can adjust with any.
Q: What’s your take on the technological advancement these days? Does it make people’s life simple or complicated?
* Ans.: I guess it makes our life more complicated. I still remember walking miles to reach my college. It was fun. If I look back and see that life of mine, I would say it was more peaceful than now.
Q: What do you think of “blogging is the next BIG thing”?
* Ans.: I guess it is the next BIG thing… I am not qualified or experienced to speak further on this topic however I feel it can reach many people. That itself speaks for it.
Q: Any special message you would like to share with your blog readers as well with everyone else?
* Ans.: I just want to thank you for taking this interview. Thank you my readers and well-wishers. Thank you very kindly. God bless you.